The Global Director of HR Business Partnership is responsible for developing and implementing a Global Talent Management strategy that is aligned with long term business objectives. Leading HR Business partners serving different business units in multiple regions across North America, Europe and Australia, the Director is responsible for collaborating with People Operations and with functional leaders across the company (and world) to build and implement a variety of programs and structures to support people success across all levels of the organization.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- You are a coach, manager, and mentor - you hold a high bar for performance and are able to coach a diverse HR team to be their best every day.
- You will establish a cohesive and matrixed community of excellence across existing HR teams to deliver high quality service to business units and improve current HRBP operations, finding ways to reduce silos and enhance efficiencies.
- You love alternating between strategy and tactical execution - you enjoy problem solving and brainstorming sessions and putting those ideas into execution or empowering your team to do so.
- You build relationships easily, at every level - you build strong partnerships in all business units to deliver HR programs in an integrated level.
- Hire, coach and develop a world-class HR Business Partnership team
- You provide practical insights into how best to motivate and manage the workforce of today and plan for the workforce of tomorrow.
- You will provide sound HR business partnership day-to-day on a wide range of HR functions including labour relations, compensation, talent management, workforce planning, performance management, organizational design, change management, employee relations, succession management, recruitment, process improvement, learning and development
- You have opinions and ideas - you are a fun sparring partner on issues strategic, organizational and operational.
- You are phenomenal at prioritizing issues with competing demands - you know what needs to get handled and in what order based on impact and scope.
- You thrive in organized chaos and find energy in delivering at a high volume.
- You have deep business and HR Business Partner experience with the ability to operate at a senior strategic level with client relationships across a number of functions
- You have several years of leadership experience at the Director level or above
- You have experience with working within a fast-paced, high growth technology organization
- You have a history of proven delivery of tangible people results including building and transforming at scale
- You approach work with a consulting and growth mindset
- You possess a solid analytical and strategic mindset; you make decisions based on data
- You are committed to your deadlines, organized and able to multitask
- You have a comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to create clarity
- You possess the highest level of integrity and stellar judgment
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You thrive on being a strong collaborator who can work across global, cultural and geographically dispersed teams
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!