As part of the finance team, you will help grow the treasury process by managing all day-to-day treasury activities, maintaining centralized banking across all entities in NoAM, EMEA and APAC, integration of newly-acquired companies as well as banking process improvements for the Company.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will be the primary contact for day-to-day banking and implementing process betterments for all legal entities
- Owning the integration of banking requirements for newly acquired companies and design of internal controls surrounding the treasury function
- Managing cash operations, involving the daily management, optimization, disbursement and processing of the company’s multi-currency cash resources, held in accounts with multiple financial institutions in NoAM, EMEA and APAC
- Completing the implementation of automation with the accounting system with the help of the ERP team
- Creating monthly compliance certificates and other recurring treasury-related functions
- Participating in the external audit process and maintain audit evidence in accordance with SOX 404
- Participating in special projects for accounting and compliance.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience with treasury (accounting, financial institutions, etc.)
- General accounting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience with managing day to day banking transactions
- Experience in a high growth, technology company
- Excellent written and spoken French
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- You have an interest in compliance and regulatory requirements while strengthening your accounting knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- You have great analytical skills, and professional judgement
What’s in it for you
- Create your path! Take full ownership of the treasury process and shape your career path with flexible hours in an environment which encourages taking initiative and leadership
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Constant development of both your financial skillset and business acumen with limitless growth opportunities
- Advance your career by developing both interpersonal skills and gaining experience in a high growth industry
- Work hard-play hard! Join a dynamic, hard-working team who knows how to celebrate our achievements
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!