Come join our growing Information Systems team and help contribute to our digital transformation! You'll play a key role reinforcing the quality standards at Lightspeed and participate in the technology development of our internal test automation solutions.
What you’ll be responsible for OR What we need from you:
- Play a key role in the efforts of keeping our internal systems’ quality to the highest standards, making sure our employees have the best business processes and the most reliable systems.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions.
- Work along product managers, developers, quality specialists and designers.
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure.
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Minimum of 3 years of development of automated test scripts in Python (preferably) or JAVA/C(++,#)/JS. (The entrance exam will be in Python+Pytest).
- Experience with testing Salesforce or Netsuite.
- Minimum of 3 years Active collaboration in the development of Automation Test frameworks for Back End and FE applications.
- Experience working on Linux-based systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional working experience with at least one of the following version control systems: SVN, GIT, Mercurial, and/or Bazaar.
- Minimum of 3 years of Solid experience with Selenium or Playwright, and Web technologies in general (HTTP, REST, JSON, SOAP, XML).
- Professional experience with Bash, Docker, MySQL.
- Working Hands-on experience with at least one of the following Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Buddy, Bamboo, and/or CircleCI.
- Track record of showing excellent judgment in test planning, issue escalation, and release decisions.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent knowledge
- Experience with security testing tools
- Experience with testing complex database systems
- Hands-on experience with scalability, performance, and load testing of cloud-based systems
- Experience with payment processing systems
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and tools (Google Cloud, AWS, Dockers, and Kubernetes).
- Experience as a Senior Quality Assurance professional
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!