Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We are looking for Technical Customer Support Specialists to join our team in Newmarket or remotely in New Zealand. Your role will be to empower our Vend by Lightspeed retailers throughout their journey, helping their businesses to flourish by providing exceptional support throughout our multiple global support channels.
As part of Vend by Lightspeed Support team, you will be the first point of contact with our customers, and therefore you will be dealing with a wide variety of technical requests. This in turn allows you to work closely with multiple different teams across Vend and develop in depth knowledge of all areas of the product.
We believe that customer support is more than just providing answers to our customers' questions, so together with the team you also focus on constantly improving our product. Reporting to one of our Team Leads, you will be in contact on a daily basis with our customers via phone, emails and chat.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing a high standard of customer service across all channels
- Adhering to a daily schedule that includes a mix of: Phones, three (3+) simultaneous chats, and emails.
- Identifying relevant support documentation that could be sent to our retailers to encourage self-service support
- Meeting or exceeding our internal key performance indicators for success
- Communicating with our retailers and our team in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensuring retailers have a quick response time by staying on top of your assigned tickets, with same-day ticket review
- Documenting communication with retailers with accuracy and sufficient detail for reporting and future reference
- Creating, reviewing and editing knowledge articles during every interaction with our retailers to maintain and grow our help centre
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both retailers and Vend
- Make sure every interaction is adding value to our retailers, our product & our team
Please note we have in-office and full remote roles open. The work shift is Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday.
What you need to bring:
We're looking for candidates who have experience with the following:
- At least one year of technical support, retail experience or relevant technical qualification
- Proficiency in Windows/Mac OS, as well as iOS and Android
- Proven communication skills across different mediums i.e.over the phone, chat, email
- You’re comfortable working in an agile environment where things move fast
- You love technology and get excited about helping people with technical queries
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)
Our office is closed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and when we do choose to reopen, it will be done following government guidelines ensuring the safety of all our staff.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!