Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Talent Partner to join our Global Talent Acquisition team. We are looking for someone based in Canada (our team is spread across Quebec and Ontario right now). You will own and coordinate the recruitment process from the time a role is approved until the new Lightspeeder has started, ensuring a great candidate experience and guiding the hiring teams to make the right decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and organise the full cycle recruitment for Customer Experience roles for our North American operations. This would include the kick off meeting, designing and conducting the interview process, attracting the right talent, sourcing as required and making offers. From time to time you might be involved in hiring for our European offices as well).
- Act as an advocate to recruitment best practices and act as a coach to hiring managers.
- At Lightspeed, we empower our recruiters to contribute to the on-going development of the overall sourcing and recruitment strategy.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective business relationships with hiring managers and senior management.
- Act as a Lightspeed brand ambassador, promoting it as the premier destination for desired candidates.
- Rely on data and keep track of hiring metrics to drive decisions.
- Incorporate and advocate inclusion and diversity practices into the recruitment framework.
- Support internal talent acquisition team as required with ongoing projects.
What you need to bring:
Our Talent Acquisition team is over 50 people globally, we are in contact every day with our colleagues in Europe and in APAC. Our team is responsible for attracting top talent, applying performance and competency based interviewing methodologies and seeing our leadership and contributions have a direct impact on the overall success of the company.
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Proven experience driving recruitment strategy from start to finish,
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both oral and verbal,
- Familiarity using application tracking systems (ATS) to drive the recruitment process
- Experience in talent acquisition with the ability to forge dynamic relationships with business leaders and candidates.
- Successful experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches and stakeholder relationships.
- An authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion hiring practices.
- Proven ability to source, and attract candidates using your creativity.
Even better if you have:
- An interest or experience in the tech space,
- Experience using greenhouse ATS and other technology platforms like Slack, Zoom, Gmail Suite etc
- Experience with Competency Based Interviewing,
- Fluency in French.
Who you are :
- Quality obsessed - you take pride in providing world class candidate and client experiences.
- Market obsessed - demonstrated ability to proactively network and source highly skilled technical talent. You stay on top of the latest trends in the technology space.
- People obsessed – you are skilled at and committed to building and managing effective and trusting relationships with candidates, business partners and colleagues.
- Flexible with a sense of humour to thrive in an often changing, innovative and fast paced environment.
- Self-sufficient yet collaborative and able to work independently.
- You have a strong desire to join an innovative, fast-paced, dynamic, and progressive global technology company.
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment; you decide if you want to work from home, from our amazing offices or from your holiday hotel !
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday; we LOVE growing people internally !
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy (yes that’s right!)
- Health insurance package (covering massage therapy ;) )
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year (buy what you want to stay healthy !)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license so you can learn as much as you want
- Volunteer day, we love giving back to the community
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!