Lightspeed is seeking a full-time energetic and driven Support Specialist to join the Strategic Solutions team, based in Montreal. The Strategic Solutions team is responsible for Lightspeed’s premium customers: from pre-sale to post-sale, the team ensures these customers feel confident in their investment in Lightspeed.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Lightspeed's premium customers to ensure they use their POS to its full capacity. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be part of the team in charge of our Hospitality customers. You will manage technical escalations of at-risk accounts, and identify opportunities for growth.
You will develop a deep understanding of the typical business challenges the customers may face and take the initiative to liaise with our company’s Product and Development teams in order to improve the customer experience. The Strategic Support Specialist is tasked with respecting a company defined SLA, and is the main point of contact for the enterprise clients assigned to their account.
This role is from Monday to Friday only but a flexibility for dealing with emergency during weekends if need be is required.
- Provide excellent technical support and customer service to our customers mostly via email support tickets (and sometimes over the phone)
- Use consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of customer issues and provide a prompt and appropriate solution
- Properly document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Follow escalation procedures as required
- Document and track customer issues and resolutions
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of troubleshooting, testing procedures and documentation for the technical support staff
- Work with team leaders to best handle day to day situations to better customer experiences
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through each stage
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit with a keen sense of initiative and a desire for professional development.
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, extremely fast-paced environment
- Results-driven and autonomous
- Excellent judgement and an ability to resolve conflict quickly and efficiently
- Resourceful with a demonstrated ability to anticipate change and proactively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with enterprise and VIP customers
- 3-5 years of customer service experience in a technical support role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Effective telephone communication skills, with the ability to conveying a customer-focused attitude
- Experience within the Hospitality, Hotels, or Travel industries.
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Mac OS X
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Availability and flexibility on working hours
- Self-starter who also works well in a team environment
- Knowledge of Apple tools, web technologies, and networking.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Lightspeed add-ons and integrations.
- Experience in supporting a software or POS system.
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!