As a Frontend engineer you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our advanced hospitality commerce platform.
For this role, you will be joining the Customer Experience & Self Onboarding squad. This squad focuses on making the unboxing of our product by new customers from the time they try our offering to the time they become transactional as efficient and pleasant as possible. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization we strive to transform our customers into power users through an intuitive, efficient and cohesive user experience.
We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded Frontend engineer to join our team and help build web properties that thousands of customers use every single day to manage their restaurants. You will join a healthy and collaborative team, continuously improving our engineering practices, delivering state of the art technology, all while keeping it fun.
Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences hospitality!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will contribute to omnichannel product by building new features and creative workflows.
- Report to the Team Lead of Development and have frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers as well as Platform Teams.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Design and create beautiful, elegant and functional web applications
- Build responsive web applications
- Knowledge of React.js, Next.js, Node.js, Express.js and GraphQL
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience developing in a back-end for front-end layer
- Familiarity with writing tests and ensuring highest coding standards
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in development of mobile first applications
- Familiarity with modern cloud infrastructures
- Keen eye for UI/UX design
Who you are:
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity, and love critical thinkers
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Full suite of benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!