In this role, you will join a small innovative team working on new exciting products. You will have the opportunity to build from scratch and make a major impact on Lightspeed’s current and future products as we expand into new verticals. We’re looking for an experienced Full Stack developer who enjoys a fast paced startup environment and is familiar with architecture and design since your team will own the product. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
You'll be working on a small cross-functional, full-stack, and nimble team alongside 4 other devs, a designer, and our product manager, developing both the merchant- and customer-facing experiences of this initiative.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Be part of the whole development process, starting from ideation and refinement up to the implementation and release in production
- Implement and maintain things across the whole stack (UI, API, Infra)
- Help improve and extend our Architecture (based on DDD and Clean architecture so far)
- Synchronize with other product teams within Lightspeed to make sure we provide a service that is easy to embed and powerful for their customers
- Report to the Product Owner and have frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers, Customer Service as well as Platform Teams
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies and share new ideas based on your knowledge and experience
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
- Share knowledge across the company through tech talks, lunch and learn and other similar initiatives.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Senior level experience in software development
- Experience with NodeJS and React
- Good testing practices
- Critical thinking regarding performances and architecture
- Ability to work in very fast paced development cycles (1 to 2 weeks sprints)
- Experience delivering product features
- Excellent communication skills
Even better, but not necessary
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, or Docker
- Experience with CI/CD tools and practices
- Critical thinking regarding the UI and UX
*Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!