At Lightspeed, we are building a Cloud Platform that enables our people to build apps using principles of Cloud-Native, DevOps and Continuous Delivery. You, as a Senior Software Developer of Cloud Platform, will be a major contributor to the team that will design, develop, and operationalize the future of continuous delivery at Lightspeed.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions use Lightspeed’s point-of-sale and eCommerce platforms for inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), and Investissement Québec (IQ). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Identify requirements for cloud platform specifically for self-service workflows and CI/CD on cloud infrastructure
- Set up documentation and reporting around platform usage and support
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
- Design & architect software for a wide range of services and systems in a large SaaS environment
- Develop clean, maintainable code in a continuous integration + continuous deployment environment
- Actively provide constructive feedback to other developers through code review
- Perform POCs on vendor products and define standards
- Collect, design and build requirements from operations teams for platform support
- Own the DevOps practice which includes managing self-service portal that allows development teams to accelerate their cloud adoption
- Design and develop the container CI/CD platform that adheres to performance and security standards defined by the organization
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization
- A minimum of 5 years of experience building high-scale applications in the cloud
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable applications
- Strong experience delivering scalable CI\CD solutions to large organisations
- Exceptional knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and\or Amazon Web Services
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience with Jenkins, CircleCI,Travis CI, Concourse, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and architecture
And when you’re not working on Data?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development center in Montreal
- Even if we became bigger everyone has an impact on the company as a whole
- We encourage initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 300 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - Be part of the Lightspeed Family!
- Work with highly skilled people