Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You’re a great developer with a strong technical background. You're pretty awesome at supporting, mentoring and working with a team, and have a reputation for delivering. You slay at problem-solving, and your not-so-secret weapon is pragmatism. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe, and you pride yourself on being able to bridge the gap between stakeholders developers.
Most important of all, you’ll work with payment experts and you’ll be part of a growing department that is a big part of Lightspeed’s success. You’ll also help our merchants by creating new features that will help them grow their business.
What you´ll be responsible for
- Design, document and implement microservices;
- Maintain and add features to existing services;
- Facilitate development planning, retrospectives and demos;
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks that inhibit the team’s ability to deliver;
- Help decompose high level requirements into development tasks and work items for delegation;
- Keep the team informed regarding expectations, priorities, release status and project schedules;
- Lead effort estimation for sprint and product roadmap deliverables;
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and career development for your team;
- Participate in finding top talent for your team and the organization;
- Provide technical and process guidance to your team;
- Participate in code reviews in order to teach and enforce high standards of code quality;
- Support the tools and products that the team delivers.
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Senior software developer;
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications;
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud computing;
- Experience with PHP frameworks like Laravel;
- Professional experience with and solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Knowledge of docker, GCP, helm and kubernetes;
- Solid understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices
- Great problem solver;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills ( English / French )
- Ability to partner effectively with other teams including QA, Product and Customer Support
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and keep the team focused on the right things
- Ability to provide guidance, mentoring and context to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Knowledge of eCommerce and POS systems
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Experience building scalable SaaS solutions
- Experience as a DevOps, Sysadmin, or Webmaster
- Project Management or Scrum master experience (or formal training)
- Experience with BI and Big Data pipelines.
- Experience managing QA resources
- Familiar with JIRA, Confluence
Who you are
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity, and love critical thinkers
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
What's in It for You?
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!