As a Senior Site Reliability Expert (SRE) part of our Global Cloud Platform team, you'll be supporting Lightspeed's growing development teams with the infrastructure and tools needed to continue scaling. You will build and support multi-region infrastructures and networks, and help run our products in a reliable, efficient and secure manner by implementing, advising and advocating the well-known DevOps principles.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Initiating and contributing to the continuous improvement of our software delivery processes and practices in a multi-location, multidisciplinary team to empower and accelerate product development
- Using automation extensively to design, configure, manage, and monitor systems in support of our product development teams
- Contributing to the development of CI/CD pipeline that adheres to performance and security standards defined by the organization, emphasizing cloud platform integration and self-service workflows
- Assisting with infrastructure and tooling hardening to meet business and compliance requirements Designing and architecting operational solutions with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks
- Working with developers and other SRE to design and build scalable,reliable and cost-efficient Cloud infrastructure
- Writing and maintaining architectural, stakeholder, policy and processes documentation
- Adhering to and advocating for best practices, including Infrastructure as Code, monitoring, high availability, disaster recovery, security, and DevOps methodologies
- Collaborating with development teams and using intuition, experience, and understanding to create SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs
- Providing timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (You will be part of an on-call rotation)
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience delivering scalable CI/CD solutions to organizations
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods, and testing
- Strong knowledge of Cloud networking technologies
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Linux Systems and databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting tools (New Relic, PMM, etc…)
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!