Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Senior Product Manager to join our headquarters-based Product team in Montreal!
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for understanding market and customer needs, translating them into clear, actionable direction, and working hand in hand with development as the voice of the customer. This role requires technical and business knowledge to prioritize competing demands across a range of verticals and business environments. You will be a strong customer advocate and have the technical chops to deliver compelling product vision, melding business acumen with go to market strategies.
You will be responsible for a part of our Retail POS product line, making sure that our software provides a seamless, exceptional experience across multiple channels, including mobile and eCommerce. You will become a market expert in the retail space, bringing to the table a passion for design, and the ability to glean insight from customers, and you will work with other Product Managers, Designers and Product Marketing across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Collaborate with the entire Product Management team, including Design, Product Marketing and Product Managers, to understand and communicate product direction and business requirements.
- Collaborate with internal Go To Market teams, including Support, Customer Success and Sales Engineering for planning, prioritization, and launches.
- Create and manage a detailed backlog of user stories and participate in Agile sprint planning.
- Continuously prioritize incoming market and customer requests to plan the product releases most valuable to the market
- Be a key member of the Agile development process, including roadmap and release planning, launching the product, and product expertise
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members as a subject matter expert
- Conduct thorough competitive analysis focusing on the top competitors per product for a given application
- Prioritize bugs appropriately
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in a SaaS environment
- Industry expertise in iOS, POS, retail, eCommerce, payments or related fields
- Experience within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Proven ability to make decisions, positively influence other team members, and thrive in a entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to reprioritize across multiple projects
- Proven collaborator and excellent communicator
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
And when you’re not working on customers’ needs?
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Flexible working hours - No punch in no punch out!
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centers in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Tech talks - Sharing is caring :)
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 375 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!