You will be a key member of a mighty People and Culture team team providing generalist strategy and support within a dedicated function in North-America. As the Senior People Business Partner, you will be the main contact for all people-related projects and will partner with People and Culture colleagues, key stakeholders and leaders to deliver an HR service in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Partnering with P&C colleagues and key stakeholders and leaders to deliver a P&C service in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams
- Being a trusted advisor and coach to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness within your client groups
- Be the first line of contact in People & Culture for any employee relations’ issues
- Driving proactive conversations with business leaders in a predictable way around People data for their respective client groups
- Partnering closely with internal stakeholders on employee related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought-leadership in areas such as Career development, Performance review process, Employee engagement surveys, Compensation management, etc.
- Taking on any additional special projects as required by the client groups or P&C team
- Partnering with Functional leaders to drive organizational design activities (succession planning, Talent development)
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Extensive experience in a HR generalist and People Business Partner function within a software technology company
- Bachelor degree in HR or related discipline
- Experience working on large, global and potentially complex projects that span across the organization
- Knowledge of Canadian and US labour regulations
- Experience in Employee Relations for Canada and the US
- Experience in managing complex law issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with various types of personalities and with executives
- Ability to act as strategic partner to the business
- Drives engagement
- Building credibility with managers and executives
- Ability to have difficult conversations and provide feedback
- Out of the box and forward thinking
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in a high-growth company
- CHRP designation
- Understanding of/experience with US labour law
- Experience leading a team
What’s in it for you
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!