Lightspeed is seeking an experienced Network Administrator - IT Operations who will play a key role in a modern, ever growing environment. The candidate should be a driven, experienced IT professional with strong skills in a wide array of technologies and platforms. The Network Administrator - IT Operations will ensure Lightspeed's networks are available at all times, maintained and secured to industry best practices and actively own and resolve level 3 incidents and up-skill level 2 and below whenever possible.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Design, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate global networks, including design and configuration of new sites and expansions to existing offices worldwide
- Ensure network design is optimized for the highest level of performance and reliability (load balancing, QOS, redundancy)
- Ensure network infrastructure and service compliance with latest security standards and best practices and work with security partners to perform penetration tests and apply remediation
- Document configuration, diagrams, architecture, standards and pass on to level 2 network administrator for execution and implementation. Ensure implemented projects reflect documentation.
- Proactively monitor network performance Act as top escalation (level 3) systems support along with on-call duties
- Provide technical insight and documentation for the rest of the IT team
- Ensure redundancy and stability for all critical network components
- Handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management
- Be proactive in striving to improve yourself, your team and all things around you
- 5+ years of experience designing & maintaining large corporate global networks
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as PRTG, Nagios, LogicMonitor
- Experience with network configuration management (NCM) such as Solarwinds, OpManager
- Experience with firewalls, VPN, WiFi, troubleshooting and problem resolution desired
- CCIE/CCDE or equivalent
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Fortinet, Fortigate, Cisco,Aerohive
- Experience within an Agile environment
- Experience with administration of enterprise SaaS
- Fluency in French
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!