Lightspeed is looking for a full-time (Senior) Marketing Project Manager in the EMEA region to support its ongoing creative projects. Reporting to the Marketing Director & Marketing Program Manager you will be responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring and meeting agreed upon deadlines of EMEA marketing campaigns & projects in order to support delivery of the marketing team’s quarterly objectives.
You will be expected to work with project owners to clearly outline project plans based on scope and ensure that stakeholders are kept up to date of project status, risks, key decisions and final outcomes. In the case of EMEA-wide product launches you will support the Director of Marketing, EMEA on strategic marketing decisions. You will act as the main touchpoint between the Product Marketing team and Marketing Team Leads. You will build process improvement frameworks for inter & cross-departmental collaboration and enter new projects into our project management platform with details required by content writers, designers & channel specialists to complete tasks.
- Manage the production of various EMEA marketing projects ranging from campaigns & product launches to website optimization that require a dedicated project manager.
- Review and contribute to EMEA wide marketing briefs to decide on marketing deliverables, consulting with country team leads as needed.
- Provide feedback on EMEA wide marketing assets in support of the Marketing Director, EMEA as needed.
- Identify, build and document process or systems workflows in order to improve collaboration between teams (eg. process on working with other departments, project workflows, centralized documentation of project management tools & playbooks)
- Lead departmental resource planning on EMEA wide projects to ensure workload is fairly distributed.
- Oversee the intake & prioritization of external marketing requests and plan their execution.
- Lead project planning meetings / check-ins to ensure each project is on track and that the team has all the information required to complete tasks. This includes kick-offs and briefings to the project team.
- Day-to-day project monitoring and communication with project team and stakeholders (Marketing program manager, Creative director, Project Owner(s), content & design team assigned and VP Marketing) to adjust project plans according to workloads and priorities.
- Plan and build out detailed production timelines to deliver each project efficiently & to meet a required deadline. Timelines should account for cross-departmental or external requirements.
- Ensure JIRA epics & tickets are built and up to date with clear descriptions, briefs, timelines, due dates and any additional info for the content & design team to complete work.
- Conduct project post-mortems in coordination with project owners and document key learnings to ensure processes & outputs are improved with each project.
- Be proactive and identify problems that may arise within projects and propose solutions.
- Be the project management tool & process champion: reinforce best practices for using JIRA / Monday / Drive. Support the marketing team on project management with training and ongoing guidance as needed.
- Coordinate and be the main point of contact with external freelancers, suppliers, producers if the project requires it.
- Collaborate with fellow Project Managers and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Partner with the NOAM team to maintain a positive relationship and workflow on global projects.
- 2-3 years experience in Project Management in Marketing
- Proven track record in successfully organizing a variety of marketing projects (eg. campaigns, website projects, product launches)
- Demonstrated an ability to lead and assist others
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams remotely
- Proactive attitude & bias for action
- Ability to provide quality assurance feedback to support the execution of marketing deliverables
- Displayed ability to understand and solve problems with a cross-functional team
- Ability to understand and own all project deliverables required
- Have a thorough understanding of project planning, production / go live processes
- Takes initiative and prioritizes tasks; ability to track tasks in project management software, flag issues to campaign managers & contribute to problem-solving
- Flexible in responding to changes in business priorities; proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Proven ability to interface and present to all levels of management
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Experience with localisation
- Wordpress knowledge
- Additional languages
- Experience working with international teams - cultural differences and language barriers don't come as a shock
- Past experience in B2B, tech, SaaS
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!