As a part of Lightspeed’s Retail product group, you will be contributing to initiatives that will expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Retail platform. Your work will also have a direct impact on supporting new and existing customers on their quest to enter the cloud era. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located anywhere in Canada, Germany, Netherlands or the UK. However the majority of the team is based in Canada.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Working alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will contribute to the Store Management squad by building new features and creative workflows.
- You will be reporting directly to the Team Lead and have frequent interactions with Development Manager, Product Managers, Product Designers as well as numerous other development teams.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- A minimum of 6 years of experience developing software applications
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Design and create beautiful, elegant and functional web applications
- Build responsive web applications
- Strong understanding of React and NodeJS
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Familiarity with writing tests and ensuring highest coding standards
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in web-scale applications
- Familiarity with modern cloud infrastructures such as GCP and AWS
- Keen eye for UI/UX design
- Affinity with backend languages, like Golang and PHP
Who you are:
- We look for problem solvers that do not shy away from tackling complexity, and love critical thinkers
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology
* Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Über Lightspeed POS Inc.
Lightspeed POS Inc. (TSX: LSPD) ist eine cloudbasierte Handelsplattform, die von kleinen und mittelständischen Unternehmen in über 100 Ländern der Welt genutzt wird. Mit intelligenten, skalierbaren und zuverlässigen Kassensystemen ist es eine Komplettlösung, die Restaurants und Einzelhändler dabei unterstützt, kanalübergreifend zu verkaufen, den Betrieb zu verwalten, mit Kunden in Kontakt zu treten, Zahlungen zu akzeptieren und ihr Geschäft zu erweitern.
Lightspeed mit Hauptsitz in Montreal, Kanada, ist auf über 900 Mitarbeiter angewachsen, mit Niederlassungen in Kanada, USA, Europa und Australien.