As an experienced Sr. Cloud Network Specialist, reporting directly to the Head of Infrastructure, you'll be supporting Lightspeed's growing development teams with your forward-looking vision on multi-regional infrastructures and network, design patterns, best practices and tools needed to run our products in a reliable, efficient, cost-effective and secure manner.
You will also act as a reference and mentor by advising and advocating for DevOps principles and best practices to the platform team and the rest of the company.
We operate in a multi-cloud environment and part of our company’s growth strategy is through making strategic acquisitions so this also poses interesting challenges to undertake!
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build communities through commerce!
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform network analysis on existing architecture, pipeline, processes, etc., and share experiences and provide recommendations and action plans to improve them. You will be responsible for the follow-up on action plans.
- Assist with network hardening to meet security, business and compliance requirements with the specific goal of increasing the standardization, automation, repeatability, cost-efficiency and consistency of operational tasks.
- Act as a key resource for our global network, multi-location / multi-region initiatives (GDPR compliance). Propose innovative solutions in line with company objectives. Help the platform team to adapt the current offering to the new architecture.
- Define a strategy to monitor the network (AWS and GCP) and publish reports on it. Educate and provide recommendations to Business Units on how to get the best ROI and ensure best practices are followed.
- Develop a good documentation repository with best practices of the industry and manage the knowledge transfer to the team, especially in the context of micro-services and service mesh in Kubernetes.
- Collaborate with Architects in the company and the Architecture Guild. Collaborate with Site Reliability Experts in the company on everything network related.
- Provide timely assistance and remediation solutions during critical situations and production incidents to help resolve service problems (you can be part of an on-call rotation).
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Extensive experience in an efficient network, including proven track record of implementing multi-cloud architectures with Kubernetes clusters
- Expertise in OSI layer 3 and above
- Expertise and proven experience with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise in GCP or AWS networking setup, especially in the context of Global load balancing in either of the cloud providers
- Experience in designing and documenting bulletproof resilient architectures and networks in a multi-location/multi-region kubernetes context
- Strong knowledge with DNS SaaS providers (such as Cloudflare)
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Linux Systems and databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Strong experience with monitoring, logging and alerting tools (New Relic/Datadog, Logz.io, PMM, etc.)
- Good understanding of service mesh, Istio based routing, traffic routing to managed Kubernetes services (e.g. GKE, EKS)
- Good understanding of Agile development and continuous delivery best practices, software engineering tools, processes, methods, and testing
What you could bring to the team as a plus, but not required:
- Network Certification on AWS and/or Google GCP, or other cloud-related certifications
- Expertise in cloud security
This role is for you if you are:
- A leader able to influence others in the right direction
- A natural complex problem solver
- A mentor, teacher and educator who can inspire peers
- Someone with impeccable communication skills
- Someone who leads by example
- Some who can deal with ambiguity, high pressure and evolving challenges
- A life-long learner and great listener
- Someone who genuinely loves technology
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!