Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our Sales team. You will help improve Lightspeed’s sales productivity and deal flow by providing technical expertise for complex solutions.
You will collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and Support resources, and interact with key customers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. You will be responsible for achieving sales quotas together with the Lightspeed’s Sales teams.
Please note we can consider candidates located in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive pre-sales engineering activities including technical discovery, technical value proposition, and configuration guidance.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend optimum solutions and support;
- You will “wow!” prospects and customers by acting as the technical expert during product demonstrations, in person or through webinars;
- Provide advanced technical support and advice to others throughout the engagement including contributions to proposal writing, solution design and other pre-sales activities.
- Develop competitive analysis sheets to support Lightspeed’s Sales teams;
- Represent Lightspeed at conferences, shows, and exhibitions;
- Provide technical coaching and professional development to Lightspeed’s sales team;
- Collaborate with Product Management and Support teams on technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alert the sales teams to potential risks of deal closure;
- Provide training to customers, staff and resellers when needed;
What you need to bring:
- Previous experience in a Sales Engineer, Technical Consultant, Sales Support or Hospitality Management/Operations role
- A good understanding of solution sales & the SaaS implementations
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences both internally and externally
- Highly adaptable with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Ability to travel frequently
- A hospitality background would be ideal, but if you don’t have that we’ll settle for lots of passion and enthusiasm for the industry
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!