Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for an experienced, disciplined and energetic Program Manager to join our Program Management team in North America. You will manage a variety of high-priority projects for the implementation and execution of all portfolio and project management activities across Corporate Data Organization.
Reporting to the Director of Program Management Office, the Program Manager will collaborate with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams to plan, manage, and deliver program objectives that are critical to Lightspeed’s company and business goals. If you’ve mastered the art of bringing people together to execute complex programs, and live in the details but can still see the view from the top, this might be the job for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead program management activities from start to finish, including steering committees, planning, risk & mitigation and resource management for Corporate Data programs and projects
- Responsible for the external communication of the Portfolio to C-Level, executive management team and other key stakeholders
- Implement and oversee project methodologies & best practices within the Corporate Data organization
- Oversee a portfolio primarily composed of agile projects with some waterfall (hybrid) projects, ensure that the proper methodology is used based on team and requirements
- Manage the execution of all portfolio activities as well as the interactions with various teams
- Work with internal clients and stakeholders to ensure coordination and transparency in project scope, goals, deliverables, tasks and resource requirements
- Manage the expectations and involvement of multiple stakeholders on each project, define risk management plans, oversee impact and interdependencies between teams
- Change management experience and strong ability to drive change and process
- Leverage and contribute to enhancing tools, processes and practices required to enable delivering against organization’s objectives
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on ongoing programs/projects; including status, timelines, KPIs, risks, and issues
- Manage the portfolio process and continuous improvement to increase effectiveness and overall delivery efficiency;
- Create performance dashboard for the Portfolio to communicate the true state of the Portfolio
- Gather performance metrics from various teams and stakeholders on a regular cadence to operationalize the Portfolio performance dashboards and to further the Portfolio effectiveness (e.g. improve estimating and planning);
- Is a change agent with a positive outlook and a creative mindset with practical understanding of the lifecycle of effective culture and process change
- Assist the Director of Program Management in defining and improving processes, project information architecture, and release plans
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Project management experience, ideally in software and larger scale digital transformation, with a track record of successfully delivering large-scale programs on time and meeting all objectives
- Experience delivering projects that span cross-organization, including go-to-market (sales, support, marketing, etc.)
- Data driven mindset and strong reporting capabilities. Capable of implementing and measuring OKR, value metrics and KPIs
- Experience in an organization with large-scale data governance, project management, and oversight experience
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data architecture and data related technology solutions
- Practical experience with data analysis, data modeling, data warehousing, ETL design, intermediate SQL
- Change management experience
- Strong knowledge of project management tools (JIRA, Monday.com)
- Experience with Agile and/or Lean Methodology and its inherent risks / value proposition in large scale initiatives
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to succinctly communicate risk and progress to leadership
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders (at all levels) across the organization
- Amazing organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, with ability to analyze situations quickly
- Strong facilitator and negotiator
- Positive, can-do attitude
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Immediate health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Telemedicine and mental health online platform with counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Paid volunteer day
Our office is closed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and when we do choose to reopen, it will be done following government guidelines ensuring the safety of all our staff.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!