Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Lead/Senior People Business Partner to join our growing People and Culture team in North America. Your focus will be to build strong relationships and deliver a people strategy within a dedicated function in North-America.
As the People Business Partner, you will be the main contact for all people-related projects and will partner with People and Culture colleagues, key stakeholders and leaders to deliver on a strategic people plan in line with the needs and priorities of our growing teams.
You are a proactive communicator, change agent and can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic leadership to leaders, key stakeholders and People & Culture team to deliver on the needs and priorities of our growing teams
- Act as a trusted advisor and coach leadership to enhance their effectiveness within your client groups
- Be the first line of contact in People & Culture for any employee relations’ issues
- Drive proactive conversations with business leaders in a predictable way around People data for their respective client groups
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders on employee related initiatives and provide thought-leadership in areas such as Career Development, Talent Development/Management, Employee Engagement, Compensation, etc.
- Lead special projects as required by the client groups or P&C team
- Partner with functional leaders to drive organizational design activities (succession planning, talent development, workforce planning)
- Be the subject matter expert for the team on everything USA specific (Labour laws, FMLA, best practices)
What you bring to the team:
We’re a team of approximately 100 unique individuals located in Canada, all across Europe, and APAC. Our team is responsible for making it human and supporting our people all along the way.
- Extensive experience in an HR Generalist and People Business Partner function within a software technology company
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related discipline
- Experience working on large, global and complex projects that span across the organization
- Superb communication (oral, written and presentation), coaching and influencing skills with a proven track record of building credibility with leaders, having difficult conversations and providing continuous feedback
- Knowledge of US labour regulations
- In depth experience in Employee Relations and complex employment legislation in Canada and US
- Keen interest and involvement in the Diversity, equity and inclusion space and driving employee engagement
- Exceptional relationship building skills and able to quickly build rapport with various types of personalities and executive leadership team
- Out of the box thinker with a strong desire to bring in metrics and insights to the conversation
- You love alternating between strategy and tactical execution
Even better if you have, but not required:
- Experience working in a global, fast-paced, high growth technology organization
- Experience leading a team
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Parent leave top up program
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!