Lightspeed is currently seeking a dynamic and hardworking Paralegal to support our commercial and corporate legal teams. The successful candidate will provide critical support on all active matters specifically centered around contract work, drafting and reviewing standard documents, ad hoc support for various corporate matters, and other special projects as needed. You must have the ability to think analytically, possess strong attention to detail and be skilled in multitasking all while managing competing priorities. If you are a meticulous and articulate legal administrator who thrives in fast-paced working environments, this may be the next best move for you.
You choose where you work. We want you to do the best work of your life - whether you choose to do that working in one of our offices, in a hybrid remote-and-office arrangement, or fully remote.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Drafting, reviewing and revising contracts and administration of contract management software platform
- Carrying out legal research and organizing data
- Drafting other legal documentation, proofreading documents
- Preparing director and shareholders resolutions and maintaining minute books of subsidiaries
- Investigation and fact checking
- General legal administrative duties and special projects
- Improve compliance procedures and draft internal policies
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2-4 years of paralegal experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal certification
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Possess extensive oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and prioritize efficiently
- Be a self-starter who is capable of working independently
- Strong willingness to learn and develop legal knowledge
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in both corporate environments and private firms
- Experience with Concord contract management software
- Experience with public company reporting requirements
- Experience with entity management and minute book software
- Experience working within a global corporate environment
- Experience in a high growth, technology company
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace rapidly changing environment with the ability to manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- You have great analytical skills, and professional judgement
What’s in it for you
- Amazing benefits and perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- The opportunity to work with one of Canada’s most exciting and rapidly scaling legal departments in a company that does what it says it is going to do
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
- The chance to join a fun and energetic international Legal Department, also crowned Lightspeed’s Trivia Challenge Champions (no big deal)
- Advance your career by developing both interpersonal skills and gaining experience in a high growth industry
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!