We are seeking a high-energy, driven individual to join our team as an Outbound Sales Development Representative, helping us execute our outbound efforts. This role is the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. You would be joining our Demand Generation team, who is responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the sales team. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling technology-based solutions. If you’re looking to grow your Sales career, then this is the position for you!
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Prospecting and Identifying new business, primarily through telephone and email communication, by reaching out to small business owners to present our services;
- engage and qualify new leads via phone and email, and book demos for prospective customers with our Business Development Executives;
- curating and iterating on outreach practices and messaging;
- work with the marketing team and the sales team to develop new strategies to grow our sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly quarterly and annual goals;
- handle other duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
- 2+ years of outbound sales or customer facing experience;
- exposure to small businesses and interest in entrepreneurship an asset;
- experience in technology (software, mobile or other) – major plus;
- English and Dutch proficiency needed;
- excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication;
- autonomous, outgoing, a self-starter;
- BA or MSc or a degree in a relevant field;
- tech savvy, but able to understand people who are not.
- being awesome and entrepreneurial.
What is in it for you?
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!
- a starterpack; whether you're a noob or a veteran, we treat you the same!