As a Mobile Developer (Jr./II/Sr.) you will be supporting Lightspeed's Hospitality product group on the mission to expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our Cloud POS. You will join our global team of developers to use cutting edge technologies to help restaurant owners to provide the best experience to their customers. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities! For this role, you can be located in Canada or the US.
What we need from you
- Implementing proof of concept, prototypes and fully-tested production-grade software
- Design and lead technical initiatives to keep our apps up-to-date on the latest technology
- Mentor other developers inside the team
- Assisting QA and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues as well as implementing bug fixes
- Translating agile requirements into conceptual and detailed designs
- Providing estimates for development effort
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- 2+ years experience developing and shipping production-grade React Native software
- A thoughtful sense of ownership for your products throughout the SDLC and beyond
- Knowledge of the different app architectures used to develop mobile applications
- Knowledge of connectivity considerations for mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience creating unit and automated UI tests
- Understanding of object oriented design, functional programming and refactoring
- Excellent spoken and written English
Even better, but not necessary
- Experience with eventual consistency and distributed client models
- Experience with asynchronous programming patterns
- Experience integrating with event subscription patterns
- A keen interest in visual and interaction design for mobile platforms
- A keen interest in API design
- Knowledge of Google Android and Apple iOS conventions
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, welcoming and supportive work culture and flexible time-off
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!