Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
The Lightspeed Customer team is looking for a Manager, who'll be responsible for leading a team of technical writers focused on enhancing our existing content to provide greater value to our customers, enabling them to expand their usage of our products and reduce their reliance on our technical support team. This role is open to all NoAM locations.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Enable Team Leads to focus on creating strategic solutions, delivering on these strategic solutions, collaborating with teams across the company and supporting individual Technical Writers on a week-to-week basis.
- A business-minded content expert with a cross-vertical understanding to make the decentralized reorganization of the company and the integration of acquisitions within each vertical a success.
- Align the team’s content strategy with the Customer strategy, the Company’s strategy and the strategies of other teams outside of Customer (e.g. onboarding content).
- Request and manage budgets and resources on the team’s behalf to enable its members to deliver on their team strategy
- Responsible for career development of team members (e.g. quarterly reviews, promotions, hiring, etc.)
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience in a business-minded role creating and managing online documentation
- Knowledge of content, customer or technical writing
- Proven experience using Zendesk, Wordpress, Google Analytics and Transifex
- Experience managing, training, coaching and mentoring technical team members
- Experience working with modern SaaS products including continuous integration & deployments
- Experience with video production, Appcues, localization systems, word dictionaries & outsourced translation services
- Experience with Knowledge-Centered Services
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Extensive cross-vertical understanding and ability to organize cohesively bringing decentralized content resources together
- Ability to integrate knowledge base and integrate acquisition companies successfully (Good to have, not necessary)
Who you are:
- You are driven, motivated and ready to raise up everyone around you
- You are Self motivated and extremely organized
- You enjoy facilitating the growth and development of others
- You feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- You are ready to learn, grow, and ask questions
What’s in it for you
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Exposure to modern and proven technology
- Tons of growth opportunities
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
In short, an opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!