Lightspeed is currently seeking a dynamic and hardworking Legal Assistant to support its Legal Department. The successful candidate will provide critical administrative support on a range of legal matters. You must be trustworthy, have the ability to think analytically, possess strong attention to detail and be able to prioritize and multitask. If you are a meticulous and articulate legal administrator who loves and thrives in fast-paced working environments, this may be the position for you.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
Your primary Responsibilities:
- Reviewing contracts and managing the contract database
- Carrying out legal research and organizing data
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation, proofreading documents
- Investigation and fact checking
- General legal and non-legal administrative duties and special projects
- Improve compliance procedures and internal policies
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience in an administrative position
- Excellent attention to detail and organized
- Reliable and dependable
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with tight deadlines
- Be a self-starter who is capable of working independently
- Strong willingness to learn and grow Legal knowledge
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in both corporate environments and private firms
- Experience working within a global corporate environment
- Familiarity with the software industry
In addition to the perks you see in the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- Brand new office in a castle, one of the best development centres in Montreal
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon
- Birthday treats every month - 400 people in Montreal, that’s a lot of cakes!
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family
- Work with highly skilled people
- A direct strategic influence on the future of retail!