As a key member of Lightspeed’s dynamic in-house creative team, you'll spend your days helping to build an empathetic, energetic and consistent global brand, supporting initiatives that expand our reach into new and existing markets.
This is a new and exciting role that will help scale both our APAC Design team and our global efforts. Reporting to our Art Director and working alongside our Mid Weight Designer, you will support the Design team in campaign execution and contribute to the successful delivery of a range of internal and external projects across multiple channels.
Your work will have a direct impact on positioning Lightspeed as the leading omnichannel commerce platform for the retail, hospitality, and golf industries. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to powering global businesses to ignite local communities. Come and be a part of the future of commerce!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the team by producing pixel perfect outputs according to media specifications
- Ensuring brand consistency and maintaining our high-quality standards
- Designing, adapting and producing creative marketing documents, including presentations, internal communications, and sales tools
- Adapting assigned artwork to a variety of formats including both print and digital
- Image curation and original creation for social media, PR and blog publications
- Taking part in brainstorming sessions with the team on a variety of creative opportunities
- Managing & meeting your own project deadlines with input and direction from the project manager
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- A portfolio demonstrating creativity, design fundamentals and quality work
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of agency or in-house design experience
- A knack for balancing creative and performance
- A positive, “yes and” attitude to the creative process
- Adequate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- An understanding of brand guidelines, layout & typography
- An eye for good design and a curiosity for the latest trends
- Communication skills with designers & non designers
- A willingness to learn new design tools and processes
- A desire to grow and develop within the global Lightspeed design community
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- You love the idea of being part of a global team and an open, inclusive and creative environment
- Experience in the retail, restaurant or golf industries
- Interest in Motion Design and Animation
- Proficiency in related design tools, including but not limited to Figma, After Effects, InVision
Who you are:
- You have a passion for design and are constantly up to date with the latest trends
- You have strong people skills and thrive in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- A keen interest in learning and developing with a global team
- Flexible, remote working arrangements, including work from home
- Lightspeed starter packs with the latest equipment
- Health and wellbeing benefits for all Lightspeeders
- Equity for all Lightspeeders
- Beautiful and functional open office spaces in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland
- Global activities like hackathons, board game nights, summits + much more
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!