The Director of IT ensures development and maintenance of IT and the well-functioning of its teams.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Developing the vision and mission for the IT team
- Guarantees the functioning of IT infrastructures of the office
- Ensures planning and defines priorities with the internal clients
- Defining, implementing and enforcing the IT policies, management of hardware and software as well as the operational processes of IT.
- Planning the purchasing of hardware, software and tech equipment
- Managing different teams in the IT department
- Sc. in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10 years in management of an IT infrastructure or any related experience
- Mastering of management practices in mixed environment (Linux, Windows, Mac OS etc.)
- Experience in managing of Active Directory and related tools.
- Experience in different cloud platforms (G Suite, Office 365, etc…)
- Ability to communicate professionally in French and English
- Ability to propose and put changes in place
- Ability to listen and analyse
- A sharp sense of client relations
- Experience working in an environment linked to Cloud Software Development