We are looking for a Social Video & Trends Intern to join our Global Marketing team.
You will be a video content creator on our global social platforms, assisting in increasing brand awareness and engaging with online communities with an emphasis on TikTok. You will also contribute to social media campaigns at large and research trends for new video opportunities. As a part of the social media team with an emphasis on video, you’ll work closely with both the content and design teams to learn and develop your skills.
We’re looking for a passionate brand builder with a love of #smallbusiness. As we grow, this individual will aid in creating content that both positions Lightspeed as an industry leader and showcases our passion for building communities through commerce.
We value fun and hard work, therefore we are looking for someone with an outgoing, positive personality, strong people skills, and a strong desire to learn. We're a fun team and have a great company culture. With talented marketing teams throughout Europe, North America and Australia, you’ll have lots of opportunities to collaborate internationally—we can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Support the social media team in developing a video social calendar to drive brand awareness, engagement, and advocacy (with an emphasis on TikTok)
- Create daily video content for the @lightspeedhq account to drive Lightspeed brand awareness, engagement, and advocacy
- Video content will include but is not limited to: promoting brand awareness, employer brand content, customer features on location, promoting our guides/whitepapers and blog posts, highlighting our product and its features, and BTS content
- Monitor conversations online and insert Lightspeed into trending and brand relevant communities from the brand voice (with an expectation of 1-2h a day of engagement on the brand account)
- Identify and communicate with up-and-coming influencers and creators (with an emphasis on TikTok)
- Keep your pulse on the latest and emerging platform trends, and pitch ideas on how we can show up on these platforms to the Global Social & Brand Content Manager.
- Work together with the Social Media Specialist and Global Social & Brand Content Manager to understand performance and growth metrics in order to adjust creative for optimizing posts
- Participate in brainstorms and content ideation
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Significant experience as a TikTok creator
- Video production and video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects)
- Experience researching trends and high performing content
- Experience analyzing video content performance and success metrics
- Creative, innovative personality that is always thinking outside of the box
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Be a great team player
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Retail, Restaurant or eCommerce experience
- Experience with writing blogs
- Experience with WordPress
- Passion for technology
- Fluency in other languages (preferably French)
What’s in it for you:
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!