Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a People Business partner to join our People & Culture team in Ghent. You will be a central part of the success of our team having a direct impact on our ability to retain and grow the best talent to build our company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Strategic partnership with the business by being fully embedded within your region by understanding current business needs and by anticipating future requirements
- In partnership with our centers of expertise, identify innovative solutions that positively impact the employee experience
- Participation in complex projects that span across functions, regions and segments
- Partner with upper management (Director +) as a trusted advisor
- Influence lasting change and play a critical role in enhancing leadership effectiveness, including the enablement of business leaders to cultivate an effective leadership pipeline.
- Manage talent effectively to ensure we have the right people in the right roles.
- Drive employee related initiatives with your communication, coaching and influencing skills, and offer thought leadership in areas such as Career development, Talent Reviews, Employee
And a little bit of
- Help build organizational health by providing insightful data to guide decision making and proactive solutioning.
- Take on any additional special projects as required by your client groups or P&C team
What you need to bring:
We’re a team of 113 people and counting located in Canada, The USA, all across Europe and Australia. We are committed to the success of Lightspeed with our people at the forefront. We strive in being a leader in building diverse, inclusive and equitable employee teams all while fostering a one-of-a-kind culture.
We're looking for a well versed HR professional who has experience with the following:
- Proven experience in a Business Partner function within a software technology company;
- Comprehensive understanding of Belgium labor law (complex dismissals);
- Expertise in people integration projects;
- Ability to thrive in rapidly-changing environment;
- Ideally fully bilingual (Flemish and English); excellent communication skills.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact;
- Exposure to modern and proven technology;
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set;
- Become a valued part of the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible working policy
- Pension contribution
- Hospitalization insurance
- Holiday allowance
- Health and wellness benefit of € 400 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Transit benefit
- Monthly lunch, free food and drinks
Our office is closed in response to the Covid-19 pandemic and when we do choose to reopen, it will be done following government guidelines ensuring the safety of all our staff.
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, Russia and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!