You will be responsible for overall product direction for software being developed for Lightspeed Retail Products ensuring optimum delivery from (driving) the development team.
As a part of Lightspeed’s Retail product group, you will be contributing to initiatives that will expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our omnichannel commerce platform. Your work will also have a direct impact on supporting new and existing customers on their quest to enter the cloud era. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Define & maintain the product roadmap
- Prepare high level product definition documents (product memos) during ideation phase, working with design team, to obtain stakeholder approval
- Identify potential business partners to accelerate time to market
- Prepare financial models to place value on new features & participate in product pricing discussions
- Writing & grooming of product backlogs & the sprint objectives
- Define and track (after release) new feature criteria for success KPI’s
- Customer engagement, acquisition, monetization retention
- Create effective quarterly product communication
- Participate in external “community”
What you’ll be bringing to the team:
- Experience in cloud based SaaS business environments
- Experience evolving in Agile/Scrum development cycle, building and delivering high quality software on time
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Experience working with UX/UI design teams
- Knowledge of A/B Web testing tools such as Optimizly
- Knowledge of product instrumentation / analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Segment, Intercom
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Keen interest in marketing
- Keen interest in product optimization, A/B testing
- Strong analytical skills
- Eloquent presentation & communication skills
- Ability to work cross team organizations
- Ability to work in fast paced Agile development environment
- Self motivated with good analytics capability, excellent hands-on skills and someone that enjoys delivering products
- Results oriented & able to contribute in team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Development of very high traffic products, used at the global scale
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!