Lightspeed is seeking a Finance Intern to join our Finance Team in Amsterdam. Reporting to the Regional Accounting Manager, the ideal person to join us is self-motivated, possesses strong organisational skills, and is extremely attentive to detail. The working environment is dynamic, and daily tasks include a variety of accounting duties. If you’re interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
As a Finance Intern you will:
- Process bank statements
- Apply customer payments
- Handle bank reconciliations
- Create journals
- Clear customer and supplier transactions
- Assist in a wide variety of accounting tasks
As a Finance Intern you need to have:
- MBO level 4 education or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Dutch and English;
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge of Excel;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
It is even better, if you also have:
- Retail, Restaurant or eCom experience;
- Experience with Salesforce.com and NetSuite ERP system;
- Interest in technology.
This is what we offer:
- A monthly internship compensation;
- Free training sessions;
- Free snacks and drinks;
- Great team and awesome colleagues!
- Be part of a rapidly growing, market-competitive company where finance was never such fun and impact. We do the best work of our lives. And you?