Lightspeed is on the hunt for a Director of Payments Operations to lead our Payments Operations team. You will be a key contributor to executing a payments strategy that best addresses the needs of our customers in both the near and long-term. Through its suite of products, Lightspeed processes $20 Billion in transaction volume. We are looking for a leader who can help us run the team, processes, and systems to ensure we effectively, profitably, and securely price, evaluate risk, and underwrite our clients. You will also help inform and guide management on insights and recommendations to improve overall effectiveness of this critical revenue stream for Lightspeed.
Reporting directly to our CFO, you will oversee the Compliance, Underwriting, Pricing, Reporting and Transaction Review (Risk) functions and will be primarily responsible for providing leadership, support and guidance to these teams. You and your teams will be in charge of designing and implementing policy and procedures that generate customer satisfaction, while still achieving profitability, maintaining acceptable risk levels, and complying with payments industry guidelines and regulations.
Lightspeed powers small and medium-sized businesses in over 100 countries around the world with its cloud-based commerce platform. Its smart, scalable, and dependable all-in-one Point of Sale software system helps restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, Europe and Australia, Lightspeed recently completed its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Create and maintain the policies and procedures to be followed by the Pricing, Compliance, Underwriting (Aggregator, Merchant and Sub-Merchant) and Transaction Review (Risk) functions
- Work closely with management to analyze the client portfolio, looking for trends, insights and recommendations for optimization
- Work closely with management to ensure payments operations policies and procedures are aligned with government and industry regulations as well as revenue, customer, culture, and business objectives
- Hire, manage, monitor, train and coach department managers and team leaders
- Design and implement management reporting to inform management of performance levels of departments and related risk levels of merchants
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Expert level of knowledge in Excel is a must
- 2-4 years experience related to Financial Analysis
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong sales planning skills
- Detail-oriented, autonomous, and able to take initiative
- Ability to handle a high volume of transactions
- Excellent English communication skills
- 5+ years of merchant and/or payments experience in the financial, ISO or agent environment
- Advanced knowledge of Card Scheme rules and regulations
- Ability to design and document Underwriting and Risk policies in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and interactions with a wide range of levels across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, assign appropriate resources, ensure quality, professional work and maintain high standards
- Demonstrate management skills, system/product knowledge, and development of strong business relationships
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and understand all aspects of the payments industry and regulations governing it
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Sound judgment, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High motivation and attention to detail
- Efficiency and ability to take ownership of results
- Resourceful person that can take initiative
- Ability to learn quickly and to work both independently and as part of a team toward the achievement of client and team goals
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
What's in It for You?
In addition to the perks you see on the Careers page, you’ll get access to:
- A beautifully renovated office space in a castle; one of the best development centres in Montreal;
- An environment that encourages initiatives and leadership;
- Happy hour every Friday afternoon;
- Birthday treats every month to celebrate our employees;
- Social events throughout the year including the legendary annual holiday party;
- Fun activities with your teammates - be part of the Lightspeed family;
- Work with highly talented people who are as passionate about their craft as you are!