As a part of Lightspeed’s Retail product group, you will be contributing to initiatives that will expand our reach into new markets and countries while enhancing our omnichannel commerce platform. Your work will also have a direct impact on supporting new and existing customers on their quest to enter the cloud era. At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Work alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, you will contribute to omnichannel product by building new features and creative workflows.
- Report to the Development Manager and have frequent interactions with Product Managers, Product Designers as well as Platform Teams.
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies, brainstorm on innovative ideas that challenge the status quo and implement solutions
- Act as an advocate for highest code quality and ownership, while contributing to the health of the infrastructure
- Raise the bar and elevate your team by sharing knowledge and best practices, while always seeking improvement and progress
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Senior level experience developing reliable, highly available and scalable software (preferably in a scalable SaaS setting)
- Strong experience developing software in a modern cloud infrastructure
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience with data modelling and writing optimized SQL
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing and Big Data Technologies
- Experience with TDD and writing automated unit and functional tests
- Proven skills in server side resource profiling, optimization and debugging
- Good understanding of Software Design Patterns
- Basic proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to mentor teammates
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Git/Github
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience in a continuous delivery model
- Experience with Golang and/or PHP
- Experience in building APIs
- Experience with event based and messaging systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining software in a production environment
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!