As a Cloud Service Manager part of our global cloud platform & operation team, you'll be supporting Lightspeed's objective with cost optimized infrastructures and rigorous controls on our user licenses. You will be working directly with our VP of Cloud Platform and Quality, while collaborating with our procurement with contract renewals. Your role will be key in making sure our teams have the tools they need!
At Lightspeed, we are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. Come and help us build our communities!
What you’ll be responsible for
- Manage and nurture our relationship with Amazon and Google and their resellers.
- Identify any cost optimization opportunities on our infrastructure and propose action plans to our Business Unit manager. Define cost optimization strategy.
- Manage hosting and user license cost optimization post acquisitions (merge, keep, deprecate contracts). Manage the post-acquisition roadmap on cost optimization.
- Support our procurement teams for contracts renewal and negotiations.
- Identify any cost optimization in our user licenses portfolio. Identify strategic partners, manage relationships, propose convergence plans to deprecate obsolete contracts.
- Close follow up on our spend commitment with Amazon and Google, and produce monthly reports for management
- Close follow up on our user licenses usages, burn down ratio vs commitment, and produce monthly reports for management.
- Engage with our internal users about user licenses or hosting usage to collect data and anticipate contract renewal needs.
- Drive vendors comparison analysis to identify best of class vendors for our usage. Produce clear and unbiased, data driven reports for management.
- Help the VP of infrastructure to produce a data-driven budget forecast
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience working with one of the leading cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Experience in budget management or IT Financial planning.
- Experience in capacity and cost management.
- Experience in Infrastructure management.
- Experience in Data analysis
- Good understanding of the different billing models (burn down, flat rate, …)
- Bring the “right-size” mentality to the company
- Good synergy with other departments such as IT, Finance, Procurement, ...
What we expect from you
- Proven experience and track record in cost optimization and Cloud Platform management (AWS, GCP, …)
- Experience with working with procurement department
- Ability to product clear and unbiased, data driven reports
- Ability to work with different teams and understand complex problems. Good interpersonal relationship is mandatory.
- Rigorous methodology to handle over one hundred vendors and fast pace acquisition roadmap.
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!