You will be part of the Finance team and be reporting to the Senior Collections Manager. As a Collections Specialist, you will hold a customer-facing role and will primarily be responsible for contacting our customers with overdue account balances. If you love talking to customers, are interested to learn about accounting practices and can remain friendly, calm and authoritative, then this is the job for you!
This position could be fully remote.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Resolving client-billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Maintaining accurate and complete notes of conversations with delinquent customers in order to facilitate further collection activity
- Identifying issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management and with Sales Rep
- Setting up and documenting payment arrangements with debtors
- Providing timely follow-up on payment arrangements
- Identifying, preparing and forwarding accounts to the appropriate collection agencies
- Interacting with collection agencies through on-going communication to resolve delinquent accounts
- Meeting monthly recovery targets
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Strong English communication skills (oral/written)
- Fluency in Dutch, German or Italian
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Direct experience in Collections or in an Accounting department
- Fluency in French
- Knowledge of Mac OS X
- Proficiency in any accounting system
- Knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
Who you are
- Self-motivated, and you possess strong organizational skills
- A problem solver with an analytical mind
- A strong Critical thinker and skilled negotiator
- Someone who is able to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Detail oriented and have an eye for accuracy
What’s in it for you
- Ability to learn and expand your knowledge within a growing Financial team
- Lots of autonomy, flexible and fun work culture
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- A chance to be a part of an operations team building the foundations of a global payments business
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!