Let’s talk shop: Lightspeed is on the hunt for a full-time Back-End Developer Intern to join our Amsterdam-based Development team working on Lightspeed Retail, our flagship cloud-based POS solution. This internship will begin for the Winter (January-February 2019) for 5-6 months.
Here’s a little song we wrote about you: You have a strong technical drive matched by a passion for web technologies. You slay at problem-solving. You’re game with collaborating to develop products that solve real-world problems for customers around the globe. Your friends come to you with all their software woes. You’re not afraid to make mistakes and getting your hands dirty is how you roll.
Now we get to brag about us: Lightspeed provides retailers and restaurateurs the simplest way to build, manage, and grow their business while crafting a better customer experience. Lightspeed empowers small business owners with a complete overview of their business in one place - more than 50,000 businesses processing over $15 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed’s mobile Point of Sale software and eCommerce platform to manage inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics to get a complete overview of their business in one place. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed has received one of the largest funding for a Canadian tech company which has us well positioned to become Canada's next great technology success story. We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do.
- Execute full lifecycle software development in an Agile team setting.
- Write code and develop prototypes for high-volume production, web-based applications
- Investigate and debug performance and reliability issues across the stack
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Work with QA and Support staff in troubleshooting and fix bugs.
- Work with the team to deliver product features and functionality
- BS/BA in Computer Science in progress
- Ability to learn new technologies or paradigms
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with PHP
- Knowledge of SQL
- Basic proficiency in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Good knowledge of Web technologies
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Test automation experience.
- A keen interest in API design
- Open source contributions
Do you want to experience Lightspeed before applying? Come meet us at our open house event on the 6th of February. Register via Eventbrite