Lightspeed is looking for an Applications Manager to join our rapidly scaling team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and optimizing the portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based applications currently in use at Lightspeed and supported by IT. The candidate should have some IT management experience, working with vendors, and possess some technical capabilities.The candidate should have a good understanding of current SaaS marketplace trends, common SaaS management challenges, and tools.
The candidate will work alongside other IT managers and teams, and report to the Director of IT.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving the customer and employee experience.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Evaluate SaaS utilization and ensure subscriptions, plans or tier levels are accurate and in line with current business needs and requirements
- Discover and consolidate SaaS throughout the organization
- Maintain SaaS management tools, platforms, and key integrations
- Collaborate with the procurement team to ensure renewal opportunities are leveraged according to utilization and current IT application standards
- Review applications with key stakeholders to limit redundancy
- Educate key stakeholders where possible on the benefits or value of new or unused features
- Stay current with market trends and perform frequent saas portfolio evaluations
- Prepare reports and participate in regular IT service reviews
What you’ll bring to the team
- 2+ years of hands-on IT management experience
- 2+ years experience with procurement process of SaaS-based products
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience managing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Technical expertise and knowledge of key SaaS vendors
Even better if you have, but not necessary
- Experience with Zylo, Intello.io or Productiv
- Experience working with G-Suite, OneLogin, Okta or Azure Active Directory
- Demonstrated high-level of detail orientation and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; comfortable leading cross-functional projects
- Able to explain technical concepts clearly to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders across an organization
- Systems-thinker motivated by solving complex problems and building scalable processes
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to work with a highly-motivated and forward thinking team, all while contributing on a global scale
- Opportunity to learn and expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
Who we are
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers small and medium-sized businesses with its cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platforms in over 100 countries around the world. With smart, scalable, and dependable point of sale systems, Lightspeed provides all-in-one solutions that help restaurants and retailers sell across channels, manage operations, engage with consumers, accept payments, and grow their business.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, USA, Europe, and Australia.
We're passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!